They’ve screwed up all our words.

I’m in a mood. I just came back from reading someone’s blog where the word “Indie Publishing” was mentioned. Oh, thinks me, do we have a new small trade press on sidewalk? No. She was talking about self publishing – as in DIY.

Blink. Blink.

How and when did “indie publishing” become the definition for doing it yourself, and why did I not get the memo? Indie publishing used to mean a small trade press who was independent – that they weren’t part of a conglomerate. They acted just like their big brothers in New York, assuming all costs of production, marketing, promotion, and distribution – but their balance sheets lacked the same number of zeros.

But there are no clear-cut definitions anymore, and it’s all up for grabs as to what means what. And that puts me in a mood.

Much has changed and gotten more confusing since the time I wrote my Definitions post a year and a half ago, and it makes for some puzzling conversations.

Vanity/POD/Self/Indie Publishing

Take the lunch conversation I had with a very lovely author. Over a tasteless lunch (but wonderful company), my friend told me how she’d pubbed her first book with a POD company.

Um, no you didn’t, sez I.

Yah, I did, sez she.

No, you pubbed through a vanity press…AuthorHouse. They’re a vanity press. You paid them money to publish your book.

It was her turn to blink. But they called themselves a Print On Demand sez she.

Heh, sure they did. It sounds a lot better than calling themselves what they are: vanity. Perhaps a more polite term is “subsidy press.” But the term was originally coined because the author pays for all the production costs, which is far from free – thus the company is appealing to the author’s “vanity.”

They are not Print on Demand, which is a whole other business model, and you’ll find the definition here.

But wait, it gets even better. While at a writer’s conference, an author told me she was published by an indie press. Ooo, I know lots of them…which one? Poisoned Pen? Tyrus Books? No, she said, iUniverse.

Blink. Blink.

Um, didn’t you have to pay to get your book published? Sure, she replied.

This is when I pinch the bridge of my nose and count to ten.

It wasn’t until I got back to my room and glugged back a glass of wine that I wondered, if iUniverse is an indie press, then what the hell am I? The idea of being classified with the likes of iUniverse or AuthorHouse is as attractive as having my eyebrows singed with a flamethrower loaded on crack.

But hold on – the Gods of Insanity weren’t done with me. At that same conference, an author told me she’d self published her book. Wow, sez I, gutsy move. What’s the name of your publishing company? AuthorHouse.

Blink. Blink.

Cue pinching of nose and counting to ten.

All I can say is that the vanity/subsidy presses have been hard at work retooling their PR strategy. And why not, they certainly have the money for it. So now the word is that they are one of the following: POD, Self-Publishing, or Indie Publishing.

There…doesn’t that sound nicer? Cleaner? More attractive?

It’s like the old saying, “I don’t care what you call me, just don’t call me late for dinner.” Except in this case, the axiom is, “We do care what you call us and we want to show you that we’re really nice guys as we stick our hands into your wallet.”

I have no problem with vanity/subsidy presses, per se. But I do have a problem with purposefully fooling the public in order to look gentler, kinder, benevolent. It’s like politicians calling for “revenue enhancements.” Puhleeze. Does anyone not realize it’s simply gentler word for TAX? Why do you think those blockheads changed the terminology? To make it more palatable, to fool us.

And this is exactly what the vanity presses do. “Let’s call ourselves something else so we sound better.” And it makes for very confusing conversations because there are so many authors who are genuinely flummoxed about the manner in which they published their book.

Eh, so what’s in a definition, Pricey? Well, glad you asked. If you make writers believe you are an “indie press,” then the writers have expectations about what you’ll do for them. They see their books as being on equal footing as, say, our books. And this is where disillusionment and anger sets in.

I know because I see it all the time at writer’s conferences. Doe-eyed authors come up after my seminars and ask if their iUniverse books will be nationally distributed because they said they are an “indie press” and, gee, you said in your seminar that you’re an indie press, too.

Cue the nose pinching and counting to ten again.

No. iUniverse isn’t on the same footing as we are. Not by a long shot.

But it doesn’t stop with vanity/subsidy. Print On Demand companies have done a lovely job of calling themselves “indie presses” as well. They aren’t. Not by a long shot. If you haven’t already, go check out my post on Definitions, where you’ll see what a POD company is.

I give a seminar that breaks down all the different types of publishers, what they can and can’t do for you (based on my chapter from The Writer’s Essential Tackle Box). I also include the proper terminology so we can establish who is what. When I got to the Print On Demand section of my seminar, a woman in the audience got very red-faced and stormed out of the room. Yikes. I was fearful I’d hit a nerve.

Later that night, she bought me a glass of wine and apologized for bursting out of the room. She was recently published by a well-known POD press – except they don’t call themselves POD, but rather, “independent publisher.” Because of that, she thought she was going to be nationally distributed in bookstores, along with marketing and promotion. Yes, yes, she’d been told they use the Print On Demand for their books, but big deal…so does every other publisher. And as far as distribution is concerned? Bah, no worries, sez they. We have the same distribution as Random House – Ingram and Baker & Taylor.

Based on that, she’d signed her contract.

Only until she heard my seminar did she realize she’d been duped. And this makes me so cranky. POD publishers – the skanky ones – stay in business by fooling people. They water down the definitions and play loosey goosey with the truth in order to make themselves palatable. Why? To make money, of course.

Print On Demand printing isn’t the right term. It’s called Digital Printing, and yes, everyone uses it. It’s a cost effective way of doing a short run, say, for Advance Reader Copies (ARCS), or backlist titles. But less-than-honest POD publishers are very savvy at the art of dilution, and they water down the facts to make themselves appear to be our equal.

The long and short of it is this:  if authors never bought any of their books, the POD publisher would fold up their tent and go home because their primary marketplace is selling to their authors, not the bookstores.They are hindered by the fact that they don’t have distribution (Ingram and B&T are warehouse distributors – a different animal) , so they can’t sell enough books to keep themselves afloat.

I have written many posts on POD publishers because of the confusion they’ve created:

Print on Demand Series
POD and Readership
Series #1
Series #2
Series #3
Series #4

Series #5

Series #6

Series #7

Print on a Dime

I hope you take the time to read them because there is a lot of good information in there.

At any rate, all of this editing of definitions of vanity, indie press, POD, self publishing has made for some strange conversations because I first have to figure out what they mean by “self-pubbed.” Vanity is not self-pubbed. Check the copyright page. Does it have your name there? Nope. Did you set the retail price? Nope. Your publisher did.

You. Are. Not. Self. Pubbed.

Self publishing is when you are the publisher and you assume all aspects of production, marketing, promotion, distribution, and order fulfillment. You set the retail price, and it’s your name on the copyright page. It’s hideously expensive and time consuming, and not for anyone with weak intestinal fortitude.

What this screwing with our definitions has achieved is general confusion. And this is great for the wanna-bes. But I have to admit that it drives me buggy. A couple years ago I had a writer ask me what I charge to publish books.

Blink. Blink.

Where did you get the idea I charge? Oh, sez she, I read your bio the conference website, and it said you are an indie press.

Gah. Since then, I’ve changed our bio to say that we are a mainstream publisher. I don’t think the vanity and POD guys can stake that claim for themselves, so I’m safe.

For now.

I think.

52 Responses to They’ve screwed up all our words.

1. Ray says:

Start calling yourself “traditional” or “commercial.” Indie is getting a bad name now… seems like anyone from small press to (gasp) PublishAmerica are calling themselves independent these days. It’s lost the real meaning. It doesn’t matter if you’re small or large, just call yourself commercial or traditional from now on, because in every sense of the word, you are! YOU pay to publish authors, not the other way around. You have distribution. You have sales team. You do the work. Size doesn’t matter.

I’ve seen ‘indie’ for self published so many times it just makes me shake my head. I tend to think of smaller presses as, well, small press. Although I think Behler is slightly larger than most small presses? Not sure…I suppose the best definition of size would be number of titles a year and size of largest print run.

I don’t have a problem with extremely small presses using POD services rather than print runs, especially if what they’re producing is the kind of niche works that make a small number of people very happy and will likely never sell into the thousands of copies let alone the tens of thousands. However, these tiny presses need to be honest about the fact that the books aren’t likely to be on the shelves at bookstores and will probably have to be special ordered. But for some books, that’s fine. For others, though, the author is shooting herself in the foot by allowing such a small operation to publish them…you really have to know your book and your market.

3. Ray, I just can’t force my tongue to use “traditional” because its origins are smarmy. All your PODs use this term at one point or another.

I use “commercial” and “mainstream” because they are the last bastions that leave no room for confusion. For now.

4. “Since then, I’ve changed our bio to say that we are a mainstream publisher. I don’t think the vanity and POD guys can stake that claim for themselves, so I’m safe.”

Doesn’t PublishAmerica call themselves a Main Street publisher?

Probably hoping writers will confuse the two.

5. Ninjie, it has zip to do with HOW the books are printed – offset or digital (don’t use the term POD) – and that’s the silliness that POD presses like to use in order to confuse. Rather, it’s what you do with those printed books that delineate the wanna-be’s from the real publishers.

6. Main Street? BWAHAHA. Was that a typo, Marian? At any rate, PA could call themselves Sheba, Queen of the Nile, and few would believe them.

That is true. I think I was trying to aim at ‘please don’t tar niche startup presses that can’t afford to do print runs yet with this brush’. If a publisher is arranging signings at conventions, getting books nominated for awards…then at that point who cares if they use a digital printing service to print…except that it means they need to sell more books ;).

8. Who the heck is Gene? If there is a problem, please email me personally. Please don’t post here.

9. kimkircher says:

Lynn,
    Once again great information here. It’s remarkable how insidious is the game these presses play. I feel for the woman who ran out of your seminar, realizing she’d been fooled.

10. Siobhan says:

Thank you so much! I’m in publishing too and it annoys me so much when self publishers call themselves indie. No you’re not! You’re vanity!

11. Frank Mazur says:

Loose and deceptive language is all across our cultural map, so it’s no surprise the practice has invaded the publishing world. I’m not sure where it first got its foothold, but “pre-owned” is worthy of consideration.

Umm…so…how about those Jets? *sidles away*

13. Louise Curtis says:

*grinding of teeth*

I don’t like liars, especially the type that prey on writers.

Louise Curtis (sending a margarita in the mail)

14. Digital Dame says:

I think Fern’s having way too much fun at your expense. ;) Wasn’t Fern the one who called you Mrs. Behler the other day?

15. Really? Gah, I have no idea. I lose track of those things because I’m often called Ms. Behler. Makes me feel like I’m cheating on Sweetcheeks, which is a joke in itself since he’s so cute.

16. Jana Oliver says:

“Self publishing….. You set the retail price, and it’s your name on the copyright page. It’s hideously expensive and time consuming, and not for anyone with weak intestinal fortitude.”

Can I get an “Amen!”. Been there, done that. Do still have the tee shirts. Thanks for the article. I SO agree.

17. I independently publish myself in the mainstream and I use Print On Demand, and I am vain as all heck! What am I, besides happy? Quick, give me a label or I won’t know how I’m supposed to feel about myself.

Scott Nicholson
    Liquid Fear

18. Lady Legacy says:

I am a little confused. Because… I mean… I got to set my retail price, and on the copyright page my name is on it, but is there more? Sorry I am confused, please don’t pinch the bridge of your nose, and shake your head when you read this.

I would have said I was self published, but I paid. So am I not self published? I used a vanity press after all? I did not really pay too much – they had lots of services, but I couldn’t afford more, which worked out better for me, because I have really learned a lot.

I also know for my own benefit I will not go the vanity/self publish press again, but it was an experience that has taught me much more about myself and my future aspirations.

19. Good info – will save to send to others who ask me or my Mom. We have taken the plunge and are going the (hopefully NOT) hideously expensive route. At least if we get taken to the cleaners, it will be with our eyes wide open.
    I’ve waited 28 dog years for this, so – we shall see!
    Thanks again.
    Yeah- I think Fern was having some fun too. :)

20. Scott, it sounds like you self published your book using the DIGITAL printing process. This terminology makes it clear as to the printing process and manner in which you pubbed your book.

Lady, go back and read my post. Self publishing is when YOU are the publisher. You assume all financial costs of production, printing, order fulfillment, marketing, promotion. It’s your own business. If you paid someone else, like iUniverse or AuthorHouse, then that’s vanity printing.

Why is this so hard for everyone to figure out? Am I being unclear? Gah, beagle, fire up the blender…

21. Jana Oliver says:

They make sure it’s confusing. In essence, unless the vanity press “assumes” some of the expenses, the author has paid for the full cost of production when they contract with AuthorHouse. Just because I write the check to them vs. a local printing firm, I’m still paying the freight. That’s why it’s hard to parse. To many there seems to be no difference.

22. No, it’s much easier than you’re making it. If you have to write a check to your publisher for any kind of production costs, it’s vanity. There is no parsing. It’s like trying to say, “I’m a little bit pregnant.” Uh, wanna bet?

It’s an either/or proposition. This goes for the “shared equity” folks. Their whole deal is to make authors believe they are sharing in the risk. It’s a load. These folks can’t afford risk, and they make their money by selling “shared equity” packages and selling books to their authors.

23. Lady Legacy says:

Lynn, thank you.

No it’s not hard to figure out, just confusing at first when the lines are blurred, but I know what my plan are in the future.

I appreciate that your article does explain those “gray” areas are not really gray at all. I am grateful that this information is available. I have just started to learn of some vanity presses calling for submissions and then when your manuscript is accepted it turns out you are paying for its publication in the end.

Again THANK YOU!

24. Jana Oliver says:

True, but often these print-service providers don’t claim to be the publisher, though technically they are. That’s why there’s some confusion. It wasn’t confusing to me — I contracted all my production work separately through my own publishing house. But many folks don’t have that luxury of extra capitol, time and spare insanity, etc.

25. Jana, are you talking about places like Lulu.com and such? If so, it’s still vanity because you’re paying for it, and there is no standard for acceptance other than the size of your wallet.

True self publishing is when YOU buy the ISBN number in your or your company’s name. In the case of Lulu.com and their ilk, you’re buying from THEIR bank of ISBNs, which means that they are the ultimate publisher.

Again, it’s all very cut and dry. It’s those within the industry who muddy the works and drives many of us buggy.

26. Jana Oliver says:

That’s the dividing line — who owns the ISBN, though there are services out there that sell one at a time now. I bought the block of ten ISBNs and the publisher is my own company. But then I self-pubbed back in 2001 long before Lulu.com (etc.) when DIY was considered the bastard step-child of publishing. If I hadn’t run under the radar I never would have been able to get pro reviews or enter contests.

27. Then you, my deah, are a DIY’er. And I have the utmost respect for those who take this path because you’re up against a tremendous amount of competition which include the likes of yours truly.

Successful DIY’ers have to have an amazing book, an amazing platform, a ton of money, an amazing promo plan, and oodles of time. And you bet your bottom dollar you can get very great reviews. Like I said, bully to those who take this route.

28. Jana Oliver says:

I took the self-pub to the next level (small press) and then went on to s big press. It’s been an interesting ride, best told over a bottle of single malt. I am astounded at the level of respect being shown to the DIY crowd now, or at least to certain few (Hocking and Houck, to name a couple). Seems with dollars comes respect, but at the very bottom of it all was a dynamite marketing program and well-edited (and readable) books. Unfortunately that’s not the case for 98% of the self-pub market.

29. Ah ha! Big press, you did. St. Martin’s, no less. Good for you. I had a wild and silly weekend at a writer’s conference with a St. Martins editor. A year later and my liver still has yet to forgive me. In my defense, the woman was half my age and could drink like a crusty sailor. My bad for believing I could keep up. But I got the last laugh when I stole an author right out from underneath her. Yes indeedy, totally worth a failed liver, I tell ya.

Now go out and sell a million!

30. Jana Oliver says:

Editors and alcohol. I just can’t keep up with them anymore. I sip on my glass of single malt and take mental notes (evil grin).

Author sniping is totally kosher, failed liver notwithstanding. Well done!

31. All’s fair in love and publishing, I always say. And that includes author theft.

32. kimkircher says:

Lynn,

Failed liver? What? Wait until this year. Said conference has changed locations–smack dab in the center of drinking establishments, both sailor encrusted and botoxed-beauty marinated. Plus it’s stumbling distance home for me. Muhahaha.

33. Yes, yes, I heard! Damn my liver. And how cute that you posted, considering you’re the author I ripped off from St. Martins. Oh, girl, she wanted youuuu…

34. erling stoldt says:

Eloquent Books called it a 50/50 deal, but once printing costs are taken off, there is little left, but it dosnt matter, they dont sell much…

35. Judy Croome says:

Scott Nicholson, I think I love you. Having to wear a label defined by someone else worries me too!

The publishing world is currently in flux and it’s a painful process, what with everyone scurrying around marking their territory. I’ve read brilliant books by mainstream/commercial/independent/self publishers. I’ve also read some awful books by mainstream/ commercial/independent/self publishers. In future, I’m sure I’ll do the same, because everyone-from self-mainstream publishers-can make mistakes.

How an author chooses to be published is a career choice. Why is there this angry need to differentiate and create a heirarchy in the publishing world (with indie,or, sorry, with SELF published authors on the bottom rung?) Wouldn’t it be far more useful, far healthier and, well, far kinder if everyone just respected everyone else’s different choices without turning it into an “us” (as in we’re superior) versus “them” situation?

This is a wonderful and exciting time in the publishing world: new paths are opening, new ways are being birthed. However we choose to be published, we should embrace the adventure-with all its different colours, with all its ups and downs-rather than turn it into a painful power play of deciding which publishing choice is more “authentic”.

Judy Croome, South Africa

36. Kim says:

I’m not sure if it’s a case of ‘I’m more authentic than you’ – as far as I understand it from Lynn’s posts on this subject the main problem is that a lot of companies are exploiting this exciting time as you say by making people think they’re going to be published and on the shelves in book shops when actually they’re just paying for an expensive binding service. This isn’t exciting, it’s a con.

I’m a scientist. The equivalent of vanity in my field would be if the university rented out desks to amateur scientists on the condition that they didn’t talk to any of the professionals (other scientists), but if they hit on a big discovery, the copyright stayed with the uni. No support, no recognition and they would pay for it.

No one would sign up for that as a career path, it’s just exploiting peoples dreams and aspirations.

37. Kate says:

I’ve noticed this muddying of the waters more and more recently. Every time I come across one of these vanity published authors branding themselves as an Indie I cringe.

I think everyone should read you blog Lynn!

38. Scott Roche says:

Thanks for this post! I’m part of a small publisher. We (at this point) only publish electronically and pay our authors (either flat fees for their short stories or royalty sharing if we publish a larger work). We might use a POD service down the road, if we decide to do any dead tree publishing, but again the author won’t be out any money.

As a writer I’m using CreateSpace. I’m getting the ISBN from them. The only outlay on my part is for printing the proof copies and that’s nominal. I’m not under any illusion that they’re going to do anything for me other than open up a few distribution channels and everything else is on me. I’m still calling that self publishing because I’m doing all of the heavy lifting, but it sounds like you’d call it a vanity press because I didn’t buy the ISBN. Is that about right?

*Shrugs* I have no problem with using a vanity press so long as my eyes are open and my balance sheet ultimately (and quickly) puts me in the profit side.

39. lvgaudet says:

This makes a good argument why every writer should consult Preditors & Editors and google the company or person offering the service with the word “scam” before taking anything from contests and copy editors to publishers and printers at their word.

40. Judy said:

Judy, you hit the nail on the head. How an author is published IS a career choice. It’s not so much of a hierarchy but a matter of what publishing option is best able to propel an author’s book into the most readers’ hands. To date, that would be commercial publishing. We have the most money, the best distribution, the most savvy, the best contacts, and the best access to the bookstores and libraries.

Because there have never been so many writers ever, the competition is quite stiff. We have our choice of taking the very best. And yes, that means some good writers might slip through the cracks. It sucks, to be sure, but no one ever promised that publishing – like life – was fair.

Some publishing options are on the bottom rung for a very specific, valid reason…they simply cannot get the job done.

Scott: Please,for the love of all that’s holy,read my post again. It’s DIGITAL PRINTING, not POD. Break the cycle of wrong terminology and only use the proper ones.

In the case of CreateSpace, your book is listed as being the publisher, so yes, it’s not true self publishing.

The long and short of it this: if people keep perpetuating the misuse of publishing terminology, it shows a modicum of ignorance and furthers the confusion.

41. lvgaudet – Careful about how you use the term scam. I wouldn’t call iUniverse or AuthorHouse a scam. Ineffective, confusing, a ripoff…yes. An outright scam? No.

An author’s best defense is to use four powerful words: “What have you heard?” Ask around, consult Absolute Write Water Cooler. Read this post because it has a list of questions you should always ask your future publisher.

Whatever you do, don’t just go down a list of publishers and query blindly. I see this all the time, and it’s nuts. Personally, I honor my writing too much to query people I don’t know. So yes, it takes research and time. And isn’t this the best way to honor your hard work?

42. Scott Roche says:

Fair enough, we may use a digital printing service down the road.

So the only difference between me being a “true” self publisher and not is, in this case, who bought the ISBN? Seems like splitting hairs to me. Because with CreateSpace I do have that option.

What about Lightning Source? You have to spend a boatload up front to get a book set up, but if you use your own ISBN (I think you have to?) are you a true self publisher?

43. The printing process has nothing to do with the publishing option. It’s simply a matter of knowing which printing option is most cost effective. All our books are offset because we print thousands of books at a time per title. However, our ARCs and backlist titles are usually printed digitally.

As for who is your particular publisher – it’s CreateSpace. That is the publisher listed on every online database. Not you.

Yes, LSI has a package whereby they will sell you an ISBN. And then your book’s publisher will say Lightning Source. And you pay dearly for that package. Additionally, your book will probably be categorized as POD, and that coding goes to all the bookstores databases – and they will refuse to consider your book for shelf space. People will only be able to pre-pay special order your book.

If you want to be your own publisher, buy your own ISBNs and get your own printer. There are many fabulous printers who offer great pricing. Keep in mind that pricing is proportional to the number of new print jobs you have per year. For example, we almost always have something at the printer – either a new title or reprint of titles – so we get very competitive pricing.

But if you’re talking about one book, digital is the way to go, and printers, like Malloy, offer great prices…especially if you contact Bill Ralph and mention my name.

44. Ray says:

Lulu is definitely Vanity. Calling it anything else is jus dishonest. It’s not self publish – like Lynn said, you are a self-publisher if you actually own your own company, do all the work, etc. Sending a file to Lulu, paying for it, then having to PAY for it again to buy a print-on-demand book is not self publishing. I know. I’ve used Lulu (for my own stuff) and I am not sheepish to say I used a vanity press for that stuff. It served a purpose for me. But I wouldn’t call it self publishing or worse, I was “published by an indie.” That would be lying.

45. Ray says:

And yes, the printing process and method has nothing to do with the business model. People, educate yourself. Even Random House uses POD (or digital printing) for whatever purposes, and you’d be crazy to call them Independent or vanity. RH is as mainstream as can be. The reason why POD is often linked with the “business model” that is vanity press is that POD is cheaper without requiring a high volume. For Offset to work, you need a higher volume and no vanity press would want to do that unless the author is willing to pay the $$$ in cost. Instead, they do POD so the author feels like they don’t have to pay anything (but in fact, they do… they have to pay for every book printed, on demand). In comparison, an author doesn’t pay anything with mainstream publishers. The publisher pays them. That is the difference between the “business models” vs. the “printing method.”

Seriously, if you want to be in this business, learn the business. It really isn’t that difficult to understand. If you pay someone to print and sell your book, then it’s not commercial, whether they use offset or POD to print those books. It’s just a matter of cost.

I actually think Lulu and CreateSpace (which are essentially the same service from different companies) have a niche and an important one. For example, I know somebody who publishes wiccan religious non-fiction. She uses Lulu. She sells her books at religious festivals and conventions, but, while I haven’t asked, I doubt she sells very MANY books. Her books are of interest to a subset of a small religious minority and she doesn’t bother trying to get them into bookstores. For her, Lulu is perfect. I also feel that both of them are good, cheap options for people who want to, say, publish their family history in actual book form.

I don’t put them in quite the same corner as, say, Publish America. They aren’t scams and they offer a valuable service. However, they aren’t going to help you sell a bestseller, either.

47. Zan Marie says:

Great post! I *am* self-pubbed. I did it all from designing the covers to formating, and the copyright is mine! I hate that the scammers are making this unclear. Your blog post should help.

48. Good luck to you, Zan! Indeed, I would think you’d bristle mightily to be mistaken for a vanity pubbed author. Sadly, it’s the wheezebags who will continue to believe they can inflate their importance by simply stealing a term or making something up. In their minds, chaos is good.

49. [...] …and here’s Lynn Price again with the differences between vanity publishing, self-publishing, and indie publishing. [...]

50. Chris Mcleod says:

Iuniverse f’d us now let us fight back with a class action lawsuit it’s the most costly and effective way to fight back. Please contact if serious. I have enough to burry them because I have save all emails and excellent proff and I just received more.
    Chris Mcleod
    thr33r3asons@msn.com

51. Chris, sad to say, but it’s very hard to sue these types and actually win because it takes a ton of money and a cohesive group of authors with proof – and a lawyer willing to take on the case. If it were that easy, Publish America would have been put out of business years ago.

52. [...] read Lynn Price’s Behler Blog Digest this morning when it came into the In-Box. I have the highest regard for her comments and [...]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,211 other followers