Merry Christmas, everybody

With nearly everyone I know buried beneath snow and cold, I thought I’d show you our view… It’s lovely, to be sure, but I’m a California native and would love to have a snowy Christmas. Whatever your weather or circumstances, we are wishing you all good cheer for Christmas. May your words flow with as much ease as the eggnog!

Catch you all on the flip side.

-Lynn and the beagle

17 Responses to Merry Christmas, everybody

1. Lauren says:

Merry Christmas, Lynn, and a very Happy New Year.

Here’s to 2010!

2. Voidwalker says:

Wow, that’s gorgeous. I had a very similar sunset last night on my drive home. I live in Arizona, so our sunsets are very beautiful as well (1 good thing about polution aye?)

Merry Christmas to you and the Beagle as well!

3. Voidy, I adore desert sunsets. We usually spend New Year’s in Sedona, and the sun setting against those red rocks is enough to make the beagle believe in God.

4. Scott says:

No snow here, though we had a flur (half a flurry, not a whole one) the other day. Sigh! Such is life in the South!

Merry Christmas!

5. Mary Hoffman says:

It’s a bit of a cheat because, although we DO have snow here now, I took this one earlier in the year.

Happy Christmas and thanks for all the entertainment and good advice!

The Book Maven

6. I tell you what, Lynn. I’ll swap you my snow and ice for your Californian sunshine. But whatever the weather, may I wish you and yours (not forgetting the beagle with the blender) a very happy Christmas and a glorious new year and thank you for your continued wit and wisdom.

7. Lauren says:

“OK, Lynn. Here’s a snowscene for you from my front garden! http://bookmavenmary.blogspot.com/

Okay, that’s for Lynn. But it made me positively swoon. Are there any colleges around there with job openings. I’d kill to live where I could get that scene.

8. Sally, I’d happily take your beautiful snow and picturesque scenery over the beach. Just this once.

And,Mary, you’ve made me swoon twice today when I went to look at your photo. I keep thinking of all the writing I could get done.

Lauren, hands off. Mary’s house is mine. Or Sally’s, which is fabulous.

A happy, happy Christmas to all our wonderful readers. You rock!

9. Mary Hoffman says:

So glad you guys all like my Narnia scene! Now if only all my Christmas guests weren’t setting off on anxious journeys from Sussex, London Oxford and Vienna in this “seasonal” weather, I’d be pretty content.

Lauren, we’re a bit far from colleges, being 18 miles West of Oxford. But there are enough books in the house to make you feel you were in the Bodleian! (And we serve coffee, unlike that august institution!)

I HAVE got a lot of writing done since we moved out of London nearly 9 years ago – nine full length novels,one junior book, four picture books, at least. I wonder how much I’d achieve by the ocean?

Happy Christmas in whatever climate you are!

10. Happy Christmas, Lynn, to you, your family and The B. Looking forward to your excellent posts in 2010! Nxx

11. Allen Parker says:

Merry Christmas, and I hope you get all the snow coming to you. I hope most of it comes out of my front yard and lands square on your driveway.

And as I have no greedy snow bones in my body, please accept this lovely wish for broken snow shovel handles, tractors that don’t start, and snowplows piling snow three feet tall in front of your mailbox, the one where the mailman won’t deliver checks to in the event of 1/2″ of snow, or the least amount of wind.

12. Marian says:

Merry Christmas, Lynn. May your present-pile be a large one and your slush pile a small one.

13. Aston West says:

Merry Christmas!

If you want a snowy Christmas, fly on out here…we’re clear of the white stuff, but at least your plane should get in okay. Then, we can drive you an hour or two out to the middle of nowhere and let you experience how much fun snow (especially attempting to drive on it) can be firsthand. 😛

14. John says:

I’m a California native who lives in Mount Shasta, and believe me, we get our share of white Christmases.

However, I’m in San Francisco for a few weeks, so I also get to see some ocean sunsets.

15. Sherry says:

Merry Christmas, Lynn, from Mint Hill, NC. No snow but deliciously cold. Wish it were white! May your New Year be bright and your red pen endlessly full.

16. Thank you so much, Sherry, for the sweet wishes. Hope your holidays are rich and lovely. I have to admit that most hope my red pen runs out of ink post haste.

17. Jon says:

Like what you did. Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year !