Rolling out the Welcome mat – Chris Baughman

There are times when you love something and want it more than one of the beagle’s margaritas, and it slips through your fingers. I hate those times, and I have to say I’m very lucky to experience that sense of loss infrequently. But none hurt more than when I thought I lost author/cop Chris Baughman.

I. Loved. This. Story.

You may have read my post back in January where I first talked about this incredible man and his unique gifts of empathy for a forgotten element of society – hookers. As I said in my previous post, people think prostitution is a victimless crime. Well, Chris’ new book shows this is far from the truth, and the lengths he goes to to save these women are nothing short of intoxicating.

I can’t express loudly enough my happy-happy joy-joy that this lovely, gifted, amazing man, through his equally lovely agent, Verna Dreisbach, have returned to the Behler corral and signed with us. I love all my authors to bits and pieces because their talent brings tears to my eyes. Adding Chris to this lineup has me reaching for the Kleenex. And you will too when you read his gut-wrenching book – due out in 2011 – Anomaly.

Welcome to the fam, Chris. It’s an incredible honor.

You can see Chris here on Dateline NBC – Chris Hansen’s To Catch a Predator.

6 Responses to Rolling out the Welcome mat – Chris Baughman

1. Melissa says:

Congrats! He’s lucky to find a publisher so passionate about his work. I hope to find the same someday.

2. Lauren says:

Congratulations to Chris, Verna, and Lynn. Chris, you are one fantastic man and Lynn is so fortunate to have you. Lynn, you lucky gal, you!

3. Polly Dunn says:

Congratulations to both of you! I was fortunate to have dined at the same table with Chris at the La Jolla Writers Conference and was impressed with his story then and Chris is lucky to have found a great editor/publisher/supporter such as yourself…I think that is called a “win-win” situation!

4. Eliza says:

Congratulations, Chris! You deserve it. I’m happy you’re getting some recognition for your hard work.

5. Gina says:

Congratulations, You deserve this and much, much more.
    You are an incredible young man. Keep up the good work.

6. Tonya Baugus says:

I’ve had the pleasure of reading the first 10 chapters of Anomaly, and I’ve really enjoyed it. The story content is so intriguing, it sucks you in. The imagery and vivid detail paint such an amazing picture of crime behind the scenes. I think you have a very gifted young writer on your hands and I can’t wait to see how the story ends!