September is Be Kind to Editors Month

Oh hell yes! I’m going to milk this for all it’s worth. Beagle, I expect fresh margaritas at noon, my In basket to be filed promptly, and your freckled butt OFF my desk. I’m putting out an edict that all queries be addressed to Your Highness.

Yah. Sure. What are the chances of any of that happening?

7 Responses to September is Be Kind to Editors Month

1. Mary Hoffman says:

I shall have to remember this! Editorial comments will come from my 2 Bloomsbury editors about the latest “historical” this month, I should think.

We need a be kind to editors month? When have I not been kind?

3. Lauren says:

I like this idea!

Unfortunately, the Beagle must have made connections with the Cats because when I mentioned “Be Kind to Editors Motn” to them this morning I was faced with a yawn (Aphrodite), an appeal for fresh tuna (Athena), and a demand that I better not forget my place and get to work on cleaning out the sandbox (Amara).

*sigh*

I got to work. Some month this is gonna be.

4. Lauren says:

“Motn” = “Month”

5. Ninjie, you have probably been stellar. However, I’ve received another one of those “go forth and multiply with the barnyard animal of your choosing” replies because I dared to offer a bit of advice to someone’s query.

Ach. When will I learn? Bastids. I think it’s the beagle doing this with her own private email account.

6. angie says:

Dear Your Highness:

Even though you’re not my editor, nor have I sent you a query, I’d be most pleased to send you a little token of the Deep South’s best coffee. Tis only fair since, because of this edict, I now know this important “holiday” exists. (And a dog biscuit for the beags.)

7. catdownunder says:

Aphrodite and Athena have the right idea – we cats need to be fed at regular intervals so that we have the energy to care for you humans!