The day after

yay…I have a new hip and the hospital staff is fab. They’re gonna make me walk. Yikes.

15 Responses to The day after

1. Melissa says:

FANTASTIC! You can do it. You’ll be back to your active self in no time!!

Glad it all went well.

Don’t worry. You’ll be RUNNING in no time ;).

3. Chip Jacobs says:

Phew. Mend fast. Have Fred bring you something from In-And-Out.

4. I just went for a nice walk. It’s a bit painful, but I feel fantastic! Phew…so glad that’s over!

5. DOT says:

I liked you with a limp but I am sure you’ll be a lot more comfortable now 🙂

6. Nice one, hope you have a swift recovery and get lots of grapes (and even more chocolate!)

7. Best wishes on a swift recovery. My mom had both hips replaced over the course of four years. It was like she was twenty years younger….after the first several months of shuffling until she built up her strength.

8. Amanda Adams says:

Hope you’re feeling very well very soon.

9. AstonWest says:

Wife just had one knee surgery, and is finding out about her other…hope your recovery goes better than hers did.

10. kimkircher says:

John claims that the “pain can only get so bad, then it doesn’t go further.” He ought to know. Hopefully your pain is manageable today.

11. Louise Curtis says:

Good luck! Does your new hip have a name?

12. Briana says:

Congratulations on the new hip, best of luck with the recovery! Thanks for all your great tips for writers, the blog is wonderful.

13. Hey, thanks everyone. It’s amazing how good I feel. Walking feels great – a bit of pain – but I did the stairs with no problem. What I really love is how this hospital lets me use my cellie.

Aston, I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s recovery with her knee. In all honesty, I’ve heard that knees are extremely iffy. Hips, ONOH, are the easiest of all joint replacements.

14. Jane Smith says:

I’m so glad to hear you’re doing well, Lynn. You’ll be running up those stairs soon. Take care.

15. Lauren says:

That’s the most marvelous news, Lynn! Super congratulations!