Milestones = special deals?

So I’m celebrating a milestone June 23, and I’m thinking that running a special of some sort would be fun. After all, one only turns fifty-freaking-five once, right?

55.
Fifty-five.
Fifty-effing-five.

Somehow I can’t quite assign myself that age. Not when I still feel like I’m in my twenties. Only people with lines and infirmities are fifty-five. Or so I thought. Yet here I sit with a bum hip (that is being given its walking papers end of May) and a few lines crossing my mug. When did this happen?

I remember when the movie 2001: A Space Oddessey came out, and I did the math to figure out how old I’d be in the year 2001. I freaked. I was twelve at the time the movie came out, so the idea that I’d be forty-five gave me a fit of the giggles. I’ll never be that old, I howled.

Uh huh.

Age is a silly thing, and many let those numbers define who they are and how they’ll live their life. Until my hip went south on me, my kids couldn’t even keep up with me when I walked. That they have to wait for me to hobble up to them with this damnable cane is an insult to my sensibilities. Thankfully, this is a temporary condition.

So to celebrate becoming more seasoned – as in I sure wish I knew then what I know now – I’d like to run a month-long special of some sort. But what kind of special. Discount on our fabulous books? The beagle offered to discount her cover art purses, which is generous considering she left me with a mountain of filing.

So I’m giving this some thought because I want it to be fun. Any ideas on your part are most welcome.

Oh…great…the beagle just came in with black armbands. Cute, beags. Real effing cute.

9 Responses to Milestones = special deals?

Hrm. I think it has to focus around the number 55 somehow. Maybe a discount that somehow connects or relates to it?

2. PJC says:

Alive at 55 – that’s a great thing! What would make you thrive? Your business thrive? Your business survive? Much to ponder, Beagle Baggle Babe (heh – a new name for the company: Beagle’s Baggles)

3. Lauren says:

Hmm . . .

An offer to do a *fantastic* guest post or column on the blog or website of the person who gives you the best reason to do it?

The opportunity to see a day’s worth of slush and giggle together?

A gift certificate to See’s Candy?

A free copy of the winner’s favorite Behler book?

A one-month supply of Advantage for the winner’s cat or dog? (Limited to one pet.)

A gift certificate to The Literacy Site’s store? ( ahttps://www.theliteracysite.com/store/site.do?siteId=2001 )

A kiss from sweetcheeks?

: )

4. Sally Zigmond says:

55? You’re still a child!

5. Moondoggie says:

Dude. DUUUUUUDE! I met you at the SCWC in Newport and last year NO WAY would I have put you at fitty four when we spoke.

I think you should run a month long special on that fountain of youth potion you’ve got going on. Uh huh. Yeah you should!

6. Hah,flattery will get you absolutely everywhere, moondoggie. But according to my birth certificate and my mother, I’m really 55-bound in June. But you totally made my millenium. Shall skip through the rest of my day!

7. Laura W. says:

5 is my lucky number! So you’re double 5. Which is doubly lucky. 🙂 Happy birthday!

8. Pelotard says:

I remember reading 2001 when I was eight, and figuring out I’d be 35 when the events of the book would come to pass. The image of myself at 35 was considerably more alien to me than huge black monoliths and travel through extra-dimensional space tubes… 🙂

9. I agree double numbers are lucky. 11, 22, 33? Can’t you remember all those years? But now you should be in your prime no? I am nearing 50 and though a woman is told she is close to her use-by date and should be competing with her daughter, I am glad to be easing off, enjoying not being a protagonist, enjoying secrets, and refining what’s been good. Don’t freak out go for a mountain walk! best, cat