#GratefulFriday

I know Fridays bring about all sorts of invitations to something, or announcing general huzzahs in the internet world. For example, the Twitter literary world generates #fridayreads, where tweeters (twits?) can list the books they’re reading.

I’m always reading, but more often than not, it’s a manuscript I requested, so it doesn’t qualify for Twitter’s #fridayreads…unless I end up publishing it, in which case I would DEMAND everyone read it.

But before I can get to the point of making demands, I have to read. A lot. The thing I love most about my job is the time I’m granted to soak up the words that have poured forth from others’ fingertips. I’ve learned so much from writers, and it humbles me that they’re willing to share their hearts and souls with me. The one I’m currently reading makes me glad to be alive because it’s so achingly fabulous.

Truly, I have the best job in the world, and I have all you writers to thank for it.

So I’ve decided to anoint Friday as #gratefulfriday because I think it’s nice to take one day out of seven to stop and remember the things that make you happy to be alive.

How ’bout you? What are you grateful for?

9 Responses to #GratefulFriday

Hard to be grateful when I can barely work. Can we get rid of this heat wave, please?

Grateful for: My husband, and his fantastic support (and copy editing).

My riding trainer, and that crazy (but utterly cute) pony of hers. (No, I don’t have pictures, dang it. I need to beg her for some).

My friends.

2. Amanda Adams says:

Every Little Thing.

3. Yes, Amanda, I have no doubt about that.

4. spbowers says:

I’m grateful for so much, that I can be a stay at home mom, that I can scrounge up time to write, and, of course, for my family.

But right now the thing I am most grateful for is sleep. I love sleep.

5. Kimberley Troutte says:

I am grateful for the readers who give up little pieces of their precious time to read my words and let themselves be swept away into my stories.

Other things I am grateful for? My family, my country, the sun, food, chocolate…the list is goes to infinity and beyond. Life is pretty darned sweet.

6. Lev Raphael says:

Grateful for: My spouse of 26 years and our house of 25 years. 🙂

7. Lauren says:

This is a very good thing to practice. I’m glad you are instituting it.

I am grateful for the benefits provided by my employer, especially the medical. vision, and dental ones. I am very grateful that out of many thousands that was paid for check-ups (and a couple of minor repairs) it cost me only about $30. So every time I think I hate my job I tell myself to think about this. And I do.

I am grateful that I live in a safe and attractive place. I am grateful I love cats and that cats love me. I am grateful that my parents are still alive, and that they were and are superb role models. I am grateful that I love reading. I am grateful for … my god, there is a lot, isn’t there? I am grateful that Lynn is going to make me list these once a week so I can look away from those daily annoyances that sometimes catch me in their grip.

8. Laura W. says:

I believe the proper term is “tweeple,” lol… 🙂

I’m grateful for thoughtful editors, agents, and authors who maintain incredibly useful blogs like this one, despite the time and effort it must take. And the completely ignorant people like me that they have to deal with. 😉

9. Kim Kircher says:

I love gratitude. Around our dinner table we say our version of grace as each one of us says a little something we’re grateful for that day. It might be that the sun finally came out in rainy Seattle. Or that I coasted into the gas station on fumes. Or maybe that my book is being published.