What can I say? Behler books simply rock

So I’m dancing around the office like a goat on crack. Why, you ask? Because four of our titles are USA Book News winners.

Winner (Travel Essay): Charting the Unknown by Kim Petersen

Winner (Business: Writing/Publishing): The Writer’s Essential Tackle Box by Lynn Price (srsly swooning here)

Finalist (Business: Reference): The Writer’s Guide to the Courtroom: Let’s Quill All the Lawyers by Donna Ballman

Finalist (New Age: Non-Fiction): Nothing Short of Joy by Julie Genovese

Beagle, fire up the blender. There will be tequila in our bloodstreams today!

19 Responses to What can I say? Behler books simply rock

1. Janet Tronstad says:

Oh, my, how exciting!!! Congratulations. I was pleased and then I saw your name with The Writer’s Tackle Box. Wow! Am I impressed or what?? Major congrats!

2. Fab news, Lynn. Congrats to you both as writer and publisher!

3. Phoenix says:

Woot, woot, woot and woot! *salute*

Also, it was nice to see lots of micropresses and self-pub’d on the short lists, too. A lot of somebodies were doing their homework.

4. E. A. Brass says:

Congratulations to you and your authors!

5. Pelotard says:

Will “Congrats” do for a comment? Bah, Lynn, we already knew you rock 😉

One thing we don’t know, though, is how you know what a goat on crack looks like. What’s the beagle been up to this time…?

6. Thanks everyone. I’m still reeling. As Mom said, “Geez, you’ve only written two books and won gold with both.” Maybe I should quit while I’m ahead? Now, I can say that, but my fabulous authors canNOT!

Pelo, while I was away at the Florida Writer’s Con, the beagle brought home a goat. We tend not to ask too many questions because we fear legal implications.

7. Jane Smith says:

Lynn, that is SERIOUSLY good news! Many congratulations to you, and your fabulous writers.

I’m THRILLED for you.

8. Many, many, many congratulations. That is so impressive. Well done to all of you.

9. kimkircher says:

This is great news. Charting The Unknown is on my bedside.

10. Kim, it should be at everyone’s bedside.

11. Lauren says:

Woohoo! Lynn, that is fantastically good news! Congratulations to you as author and publisher, and to your authors.

12. Bless ye all for your kind wishes. I just lurve mah authors more than Twinkies. And I really, really lurve Twinkies.

13. Ludmilla Bollow says:

Lynn, you’ve been on the right track all along, without compromising– and these awards prove it! YAHOO & BIG CONGRATS! Ludmilla Bollow

14. Lynn,
    You are awesome! Well deserved. You and your writers must be walking on air. Congrats to you all. Outstanding.
    Of course, I said as much in my blog over a year ago when I reviewed The Writer’s Tackle Box. Guess I know how to recognize greatness and you are great.

Celebrate and be kind to yourself. You’ve earned it. Give a hug to the Beagle…who no doubt has already had one too many.

Dancing in the streets with you,
    Lyn

15. Well deserved, all of them. Congrats, Lynn! Rock on!

16. Maggie Dana says:

Wowee Lynn, this is so cool and so well deserved. Am raising a glass of plonk in your honor.

17. Congratulations! It’s the true sign of a great editor. And congrats on your own book being a winner. Great editor and great writer – a fine combination!

18. Holy Toledo. Congratulations!